NAMI Family to Family
Virtual 8 Week Class
- August 19 – October 7, 2020
- Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:00pm
- Free Virtual Online Class
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 8-session educational program for family, significant others and friends of people with mental health conditions. It is a designated evidenced-based program. This means that research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to a person with a mental health condition.
NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there, and includes presentations, discussions and interactive exercises.
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. Sharing your own experience may help others in your class. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Supporting your loved one with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- How to handle a crisis
- Current treatments and therapies
- The impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
The class will be conducted via ZOOM for the entire 8 weeks.
Stay tuned for more safeTALK coming soon!
Stay tuned for more Mental Health First Aid coming soon!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Stay tuned for more Diversity, Equity & Inclusion coming soon!