Energy Outreach Colorado’s (EOC) Bill Payment Assistance Program helps individuals and families afford their home energy costs through a network of assistance agencies, including Tri-County Health Network. Payments are made directly to energy vendors on behalf of customers. The qualifying energy sources are electricity, natural gas, coal, firewood, kerosene, propane, oil, and pellets. EOC bill payment assistance is available no more than once per energy source (up to two energy sources) during the program year, which runs from October 1, 2020 through September 29, 2021.
EOC cannot help with utility bills such as water and sanitation. Please refer to the Good Neighbor Fund for assistance with these bills.
- Gross monthly household income (i.e. income before taxes or deductions) at or below 80% of area median income (AMI).
- At least one day past the due date on utility bill or low on bulk fuel (coal, firewood, kerosene, propane, oil or pellets).
- The bill being paid must be for energy consumed at the participant’s home address.
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the energy bill. However, the applicant does not have to be the account holder.
- During the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) season (November 1 – April 30) all eligible applicants are required to apply for LEAP before receiving EOC funds. Call 1-866-432-8435 for more information on how to apply.
- Applicant has not received EOC bill payment assistance for the same account within the current program year (October 1 to September 29)
Download an Application
Please download an application by clicking on one of the links below. Once you download it on your computer you will need to open it in Adobe Reader (To get the free desktop app please click HERE. For the free mobile app please click HERE).
Please fill out the application on your computer, and save the file with your name and the date you submit it included in the file name.
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our organization will reach out to you:
- Your completed energy assistance application
- A copy of your photo ID
- A copy of your most recent energy bill