Energy Outreach ColoradoRequest Assistance
TCHNetwork has no more funding for energy assistance until October 1. If you need assistance, we can help you with your application and forward to another partner who may be able to assist you with your energy bills
Energy Outreach Colorado’s (EOC) Bill Payment Assistance Program helps individuals and families afford their home energy costs through a network of assistance agencies, including Tri-County Health Network. Payments are made directly to energy vendors on behalf of customers. The qualifying energy sources are electricity, natural gas, coal, firewood, kerosene, propane, oil, and pellets. EOC bill payment assistance is available no more than once per energy source (up to two energy sources) during the program year, which runs from October 1, 2020 through September 29, 2021.
EOC cannot help with utility bills such as water and sanitation. Please refer to the Good Neighbor Fund for assistance with these bills.
- Gross monthly household income (i.e. income before taxes or deductions) at or below 80% of area median income (AMI).
- At least one day past the due date on utility bill or low on bulk fuel (coal, firewood, kerosene, propane, oil or pellets).
- The bill being paid must be for energy consumed at the participant’s home address.
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the energy bill. However, the applicant does not have to be the account holder.
- During the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) season (November 1 – April 30) all eligible applicants are required to apply for LEAP before receiving EOC funds. See below for more information or call 1-866-432-8435 to apply.
- Applicant has not received EOC bill payment assistance for the same account within the current program year (October 1 to September 29)
Download an Application
Please download an application by clicking on one of the links below. Once you download it on your computer you will need to open it in Adobe Reader (To get the free desktop app please click HERE. For the free mobile app please click HERE).
Please fill out the application on your computer and save the file with your name and the date you submit it included in the file name.
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our organization will reach out to you:
- Your completed energy assistance application
- A copy of your photo ID
- A copy of your most recent energy bill
Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Colorado Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is a federally funded program that helps eligible hard-working Colorado families, seniors and individuals pay a portion of their winter home heating costs. Our goal is to help bring warmth, comfort and safety to your home and family by assisting with heating costs.
The LEAP program works to keep our communities warm during the winter (November through April) by providing assistance with heating costs, equipment repair and/or replacement of inoperable heating tools.
You may qualify for LEAP benefits if you:
- Pay home heating costs, either directly to a utility company or to a landlord as part of rent.
- Are a permanent legal resident of the United States and a Colorado resident or you have household members who are U.S. citizens.
- Earn a maximum family household income that does not exceed 60% of the state median income level.
- Provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
How to Apply
To Apply for LEAP, a LEAP application can be submitted through:
- Online through the Colorado PEAK website – www.colorado.gov/PEAK
- Download an application and drop off at local Department of Human Services office, or mail/email to your county/contractor to process. Please call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) for contact information.
- To request a paper application mailed to you, please call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435).
- If you are having a heating emergency or unable to fill out an application by any other means, please call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) to apply over the phone.