TCHNetwork has five important events coming up for Suicide Prevention Month. We will collaborate and engage our community members to spread awareness and hope, end the stigma, educate each other on suicide, and raise money for suicide prevention, research, education, advocacy, and support.
To begin, during the week of September 15th, 2019, we are holding free safeTALK suicide prevention trainings in Norwood and Telluride. safeTALK is a 3-hour alertness workshop that prepares anyone fifteen or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs, engaging and supporting the individual, and connecting them to other resources for further support.
The following week we are hosting a free screening of a documentary on suicide entitled ‘The S Word’in both Telluride and Norwood. These events include a facilitated discussion following the film with local mental health professionals. This film weaves stories of survivors from a cross-section of America including LGBTQ, African American, and Asian American communities who candidly share their stories of trauma, mental health challenges, survival and advocacy.
We will finish the month strong with the 3rd annual Southwest Colorado Out of the Darkness Walk! This fundraiser event will include tabling from various mental health organizations, speakers, a one-mile walk on Colorado Avenue, and a silent auction.
- 9/16: SafeTALK, Lone Cone Library, Norwood, 6:00pm-9:00pm (dinner provided)
- 9/17: SafeTALK, Ah Haa School for the Arts, Telluride, 11:00am-2:00pm (lunch provided)
- 9/23: The S Word Movie, Wilkinson Public Library, Telluride, 6:00 pm to 8:00pm
- 9/24: The S Word Movie, Lone Cone Library, Norwood, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- 9/29: Out of the Darkness Walk, Telluride Town Park, 9:00am-12:00pm
-Sami Damsky, Behavioral Health Outreach Coordinator